วันอาทิตย์ที่ 19 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2553

App Review: Scanning and OCR on iPhone – Can We Ditch Our Flatbed Scanners?

Well permit me start soured by mentioning that I FINALLY got what I ever wanted; my very own iPhone 4! I module name it martyr and hug it and pet it and tweet it, and…  Sorry guys I guess I’ve gone a little looney tunes (click for reference) waiting to intend my assistance on this amazing piece of modern technology.

There are a sort of features that I rattling love most iPhone 4 but for me the camera is a big transformation over my 3G.  The auto-focusing works substantially and the constituent of the diode flash and HDR aptitude module earmark me to yield my saucer and dispense camera at home when I travel.

For this week’s analyse I downloaded a couple of detector and optical character acceptance (OCR) apps that crapper verify plus of the new camera.  I tested WorldCard Mobile Lite and Perfect OCR Lite (both liberated in the App Store) to wager whether or not I could retire my trusty old flat scanner.

WorldCard Mobile claims to be healthy to “take a represent and add a occurrence to your iPhone/iPod Touch occurrence list.  No drill entries and no typos.“  It is advisable that you locate a playing bill in a well-lit region.  Open the app then pore your iPhone camera at the bill and meet utter to permit WorldCard Mobile’s acceptance grouping intend to work.

I was impressed with the prototypal bill that I scanned; it had aright settled the information on the bill into appropriate contacts fields within the app and was ready for goods to my contacts list.  However, the ordinal bill didn’t construe so well; it misspelled words and settled things in criminal fields.  While the lighting was the aforementioned and my iPhone function had not changed, the difference was that the prototypal bill was a ultimate design with modify colouration, patch the ordinal bill had a Byzantine coloured background with a non-standard layout.

This app works enthusiastic with ultimate playing bill designs and could rattling spend you instance adding contacts to your address book.  But you’re meliorate soured adding occurrence information manually for more Byzantine bill designs.

The ordinal app, Perfect OCR Lite extracts book from Letter sized documents, claiming 98% accuracy for iPhone 4.  This app offers a “SureScan” mode which captures an ikon only after the app detects no motion of your iPhone.  It also offers multi-language support.

I had whatever essay documents I wanted to construe and successfully used this app to intend the data in electronic form.  The example documents were clean with minimal to no creases and the book size was most 12 point.  I proven scanning a multi-column production article and, as the app statement says, this app cannot recognize very super fonts or binary columns correctly.  I conceive that this would be a useful function to hit and hopefully we’ll wager a forthcoming upgrade that covers this issue.

These apps stop a aggregation of promise and I look forward to seeing their capabilities meliorate in the future.  But I conceive I’ll be hanging on to my flat detector for a little patch longer.

Anyone out there essay a scanning app with a 3G?  If so, crapper you comment on performance?  What scanning apps hit you proven or do you prefer?  As always, thanks for commenting…

App Review: Scanning and OCR on iPhone â€" Can We Ditch Our Flatbed Scanners? is a place from: iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource


By Find Store Sales

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น