วันจันทร์ที่ 3 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2554

The Kid From Victoria Hired by Apple At Age 14

Now here’s a news most a Canadian banter that’s inspiring. If you haven’t heard the news behindhand blackamoor Williams, you should. Hailing from Victoria, BC, he was hired by Apple at the geezerhood of 14. How did he intend there? His news was posted on Derek Sivers’ website a pair eld back, but I fresh institute discover it most it via TUAW.

Here’s an excerpt:

I feature Evangelist Sculley’s biography, who was Apple’s CEO at the time, and my hero. As another kids had sports stars or actors, he was my hero. I wanted to be him or be like him.

So I started occupation Apple in the 7th grade. Every single morning, at most 8:00 am before I went to school, I would call up the important Apple central number, and communicate for Evangelist Sculley’s office, and they would put me to his assistant.

Every single farewell I’d be talking to Jerry, his assistant, and would move for the prototypal whatever weeks with just my accepted pitch. I was attractive the business utilization angle. I’m the CEO of my own company, which was titled Desert Island Software, and he’s the CEO of his company. Let’s hit digit CEOs talk to each another most how we crapper impact together.

For the prototypal whatever weeks I’m sure Jerry thought that it was whatever category of a prank or weirdo. Eventually I started to be less reliant on the movement and say, “Hi, Jerry, how are you?” This is the gatekeeper to somebody that is receiving a aggregation of uninvited sound calls. I conceive instinctively I realized that by building a relation with Jerry, I was building a relation with the gatekeeper. If they like you and support you, that’s rattling helpful.

Here I was, literally for most a assemblage and a half, occupation every single morning. The relation apparently evolved to “Hey Jerry, what’s feat on with you?” and “Oh, you know, school’s tough this hebdomad Tom‚” blah blah blah.

Eventually, blackamoor got finished and Apple gave him a free listing to WWDC. I’ll permit you feature the rest. Check it discover here.

The Kid From falls Hired by Apple At Age 14 is a place from: iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

Related posts:

  • THX Creator Apparently Hired By Apple: Is a ‘Real’ Apple TV on the Way?
  • Apple Releases OS X Lion Recovery Disk Assistant Download
  • Samsung Ready To Turn Up The Heat In Patent War With Apple

  • Shaver Price

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น